Here in this post we will see how roll-up field works.
The benefits and capabilities of rollup fields include the following:
- Visual editing is easy. You can create rollup fields by using the Field Editor, just like you do when you create a regular field.
- Wide selection of aggregate functions. You can aggregate data by using the following functions: SUM, COUNT, MIN, MAX and AVG.
- Full filter support for aggregation. You can set various filters for the source entity or related entity while setting multiple conditions.
- Seamless integration with the user interface. You can include the rollup fields in forms, views, charts and reports.
- Rollup fields are solution components. You can easily transport the rollup fields as components between organizations and distribute them in solutions.
- Rollup fields and the calculated fields are complementary to each other. You can use a rollup field as a part of the calculated field, and vice versa.
- If you updated your Online organization to December 2016 update for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (online), you can configure rollup fields to use custom controls.